TDI JJ-CCR Level 2: Air Diluent Decompression Diver
The JJ-CCR Level 2 course is for open circuit technical divers looking to cross over to the JJ-CCR, or JJ-CCR Level 1 divers looking to move into decompression diving on their JJ-CCR. During this course, you will learn all of the necessary skills to conduct decompression CCR dives to a maximum depth of 45 metres using air diluent.
- Minimum age 18
- Provide proof of 50 logged dives
- Provide proof of TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and Deco Procedures Diver or equivalent from agencies recognized by TDI
- Minimum age 18
- TDI JJ-CCR Air Diluent CCR Diver certified or equivalent
- 30 hours on the CCR unit
- Six months CCR diving experience
- 5 days minimum
- Day 1: Theory/Unit workshop & confined water skills session
- Day 2: Shore based diving & skill development (max 12m)
- Day 3: 2 boat dives (max 30m)
- Day 4: 2 boat dives (max 45m)
- Day 5: 1/2 boat dives as required. (max 45m)
The TDI CCR Air Diluent Decompression Diver course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- History and evolution of rebreathers
- Comparison of Open Circuit (OC), closed circuit, and Semi-closed Circuit Rebreather (SCR) systems noting the pros and cons of each
- Practical mechanics of the system
- Gas physiology
- Proper scrubber packing: in accordance with manufacturers recommendation
- Electronic or manual systems design and maintenance
- Dive tables
- Dive computers
- Decompression CCR Dive planning
- Emergency procedures
- Dive checklists
- Predive checks
Training and certification:
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to plan and execute decompression dives on your JJ-CCR to a maximum depth of 45m using air as a diluent so long as:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
As with all courses at DPT Scuba, training is purchased, but certification is earned. This means you must meet ALL the required skills & standards before you will receive a certification card. Additional training to meet these requirements will incur additional costs.
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI CCR Air Diluent Decompression examination with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Course must be completed within 6 weeks from the starting date
- Complete a refresher course following a period of inactivity greater than 6 months following the course
For a complete list of skills and standards please visit the TDI CCR Air Diluent Decompression Procedures Diver Page.
How to enroll in this course?
- Use the contact form to get in touch and we will discuss your training needs and diving goals.
- Complete the DPT Scuba student registration form and return via email to DPT Scuba
- Organise a course schedule with DPT Scuba
- Pay your 20% non-refundable deposit and start your e-Learning online theory.