TDI Nitrox Diver
The TDI Nitrox diver course is is the ideal course for divers looking to progress into technical diving. It is available for any diver from Open Water onwards, who is interested in extending their bottom times by taking advantage of breathing gas with oxygen levels of up to 40%.
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of open water diver or current enrollment in an open water diver course
- 1 day with no dives, 2 days with the optional dives (recommended)
- Day 1: Theory review, practical dive planning and proper gas analysis and labelling techniques (9-5pm)
- Day 2: 2 dives taking advantage of our new gas mixes and extended NDL (9-5pm)
- The benefits, hazards, and proper procedures for using nitrox mixes from 22 through 40 percent oxygen content
- Equipment considerations, cylinder labeling, analyzing nitrox mixtures, and gas blending procedures
Training and certification:
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to plan dives using gas containing up to 40% oxygen, to the depth of your highest certification so long as:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
As with all courses at DPT Scuba, training is purchased, but certification is earned. This means you must meet ALL the required skills & standards before you will receive a certification card. Additional training to meet these requirements will incur additional costs.
- Demonstrate understanding of EAD calculations
- Perform oxygen analysis for nitrox mixes
- Properly label cylinders containing nitrox mixes
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI Nitrox course and written examination
For a complete list of skills and standards please visit the official TDI Nitrox Diver page.
How to enrol in this course?
- Use the contact form to get in touch and we will discuss your training needs and diving goals.
- Complete the DPT Scuba student registration form and return via email to DPT Scuba
- Organise a course schedule with DPT Scuba
- Pay your 20% non-refundable deposit and start your e-Learning online theory.